Friday, May 15, 2009

Woo Hoo Free Pork!

Sitting at my desk, minding my own business when an email from the folks at Foodbuzsz come through. First three to respond to the email win a ticket to this dinner:

COCHON 555 - Chicago
“5 Pigs, 5 Chefs, 5 Winemakers”

A group of top Chicago chefs will each prepare a heritage breed hog from head to toe for this competition. Cochon 555 is the only national chef competition promoting heritage pigs and breed diversity. Guests and professional judges will determine a winner based on creative, classic preparation and overall best flavor. The winner will be crowned the “Prince of Porc”. In addition, five family-owned wineries will showcase their wines.

WHO: Taste Network presents
Patrick Sheerin, The Signature Room at the 95th

Chris Pandel, The Bristol

Graham Elliot Bowles, Graham Elliot Restaurant

Sam Burman, Bluprint

Stephen Dunne, VOLO / Paramount Room

Wineries: Chase Cellars, Vision Cellars, Van Duzer Vineyards, Patz & Hall and August West

So next Sunday I will have the pleasure of eating one hell of a meal. I typicall don't blog about meals I eat out, but I will about this one.