Monday, December 3, 2007

Ruhlman vs. Bourdain

I'm trying to figure out if these two really don't like one another or if it's all a publicity stunt. I'm leaning towards the latter. I saw the No Reservations episode this season where Bourdain went to Cleveland and found it extremely entertaining. I guess Ruhlman has been on an episode in a previous season where they went to Vegas and something happened. I haven't seen that episode.

I've liked Bourdain for awhile. I'm a Top Chef fan and enjoy his guest judging spots on the show and have started taping all the back episodes of No Reservations. Bourdain makes me laugh. He's a bit nuts, a bit of an asshole and I enjoy that.

Ruhlman seems a bit more reserved, but still entertaining. I just recently started reading Ruhlman's blog and found it to be interesting.

Though the fact is I probably would cook very little of what they make. Some of there stuff is just a little too out there for me, such as the cassoulet recipe.

No comments: