Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Stuffing

I think the weekend of partying had caught up with me. I left work a little early yesterday and went to bed really early. I didn't sleep very well so I decided to stay home.

In an effort to be a little productive I will tell you about the stuffing I made for Sunday's party. It was pretty simple and very similar to what my parents make on Thanksgiving. Here's what you need:

1 loaf of bread toasted and torn
1 medium onion diced
2 ribs of celery diced
1/2 pound of mushrooms
1 clove of garlic diced
5 sprigs of fresh thyme
2 TBLSP dried sage
Salt and pepper to taste
2 cups of chicken broth

Tear the bread and place in a casserole dish. Sautee celery, onions, mushrooms, garlic and spices. Cook until just about brown. Remove the thyme stems from the sautee mix and toss with the bread. Pour the chicken stock over the mixture so it's moist but not soaked. If would probably use a touch more stock, but not much more. Toss into a 350 degree oven for 20 to 30 minutes.

No comments: