Monday, September 22, 2008

Spain - On the Road Again

When I first heard that Mario Batali and Mark Bittman were going to be doing a cooking/travel show in Spain for PBS I was excited. The other cast mates seemed alright, I've never had strong feelings one way or another about Gwyneth Paltrow and had never heard of Claudio Bassols. but after seeing the trailer I was even more excited about the show.

Well, the first episode aired last night and I was disappointed. It seemed like they spent more than half the show in the cars driving around. And yeah, I know that's part of it, but make it less about the journey and more about the destination.

Don't get me wrong, it wasn't horrible, but it wasn't what I expected. They showed Bittman and Batali at the fish market in Madrid and they had two cooking segments, but they were lacking. I wanted more and considering it was just about an hour, I came away from it wanting more.

Anyway, if you have the chance check it out and decide for yourself. Some video clips from the show can be seen here.

No comments: