Monday, January 12, 2009

South Beach report: week one

It's been a week since Rory and I started South Beach and I've lost a little more than eight pounds. Rory expected me to lose more but even though it's just eight pounds I have to say I feel good. I should have measured my waist last week because I feel like I've lost some girth around the middle.

I'm not going to lie, the diet hasn't been easy. A couple of days last week I got real cranky and was craving a big plate of pasta. And I have cheated, I had a few beers Friday and Saturday, but that's been about it othere than a crouton or two that was in my salad when we went out.

The food is pretty simple to cook, lean protein with veggies and no carbs. Next week I could start incorporating some whole wheat into the diet if I want, but I think I'm going to stick with this until my birthday, Feb. 7. The plan is to go to the Hop Leaf for dinner and then meet a bunch of friends out for drinks.

Also by the point I should be pretty tired of cooking the food. There are only so many thing you can do with a chicken breast unless it's wrapped in bacon. Though I did cook some mahi mahi last week, a first. I just marinated it for a bit in some olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper and then pan cooked it. A little lemon juice and it was quite tasty.

No comments: