Friday, November 30, 2007

Holiday cookies

Rory baked some holiday cookies Wednesday night. I need to go home tonight and take some photos. She made ginger snaps, which are the best ginger snaps I've ever had, and some coconut wreath cookies (I'll post recipes and picture later).

All said we have four batches made. We're heaindg up to Michigan on a day trip tomorrow to see my garndfather and will bring some for the family. We'll also have some for turducken, which is just eight days away. I will probably also make some biscotti between now and then and maybe something else as well.

It was always a tradition around my parent's house to have a lot of home-baked cookies around before Christmas. This week I have spent some time looking for different recipes seeing if there's anything new I want to try when I ran upon the Chicago Tribune's 2007 Holiday Cookie Contest winners.

The second and third place winner looked pretty good, though I would substitute the dried fruit in the last one, but the winners recipe didn't appeal to me. I'm not a fan of dried fruit. Also, all that work and you get 18 cookies? I guess the second place winner only gets a dozen from her recipe too. That's a lot of work for a little reward.

What's you favorite holiday cookie?

No comments: