Sunday, December 30, 2007

Christmas breakfast

I know it's been almost a week since Christmas, but it took me a few days to get these picture from my sister. For as long as I can remember after my family exchanges gifts on Christmas morning the extended family has come over for breakfast. All told it's probably around 20 people, give or take. This is one of the reasons I cook and that I enjoy cooking for others.

For the most part I stay out of the way as my dad has everything under control. He makes sausage gravy a couple of days ahead of time and then does made to order omelets with a variety of ingredients.The biscuits and gravy is a highlight for me. There is no exact recipe, my dad just puts it together, but here are some basic ingredients.

2 pounds of pork sausage
1/2 gallon of 2% milk
2 cups of coffee
1/2 cup of flour (give or take)
salt, pepper, Tabasco sauce to taste

Brown the sausage, add the milk and coffee. Thicken with the flour until it's the desired consistency. Let simmer for at least an hour before serving or cooling to serve later.

I should have some new posts in the next couple of days. I made my tacos the other day and am making turkey soup as I write this.

No comments: