Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The perfect chocolate chip cookie

The New York Times did a piece this week about its quest for the perfect chocolate chip cookie. I actually whipped up a batch of my very own on Saturday to bring to a couple of BBQs we were attending. Reading the article, I want to make some more. I especially want to try some sprinkling some fleur de sel on them before they go into the oven.

One interesting part of the article was the one baker who lets the dough sit for a day before baking. Last year when we were making holiday cookies Rory and I had an oven issue. I had made the dough, but couldn't bake so it sat in the fridge for a day. I didn't notice any real different in the taste or texture, but then again it may have something to do with the unsweetend coco I add.

No comments: