Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Random notes

The last couple of week have been pretty hectic and I haven't been able to post. Trying to get two issue of a magazine closed at the same time keeps me busy. Socially, life has been busy as well and with less than six months to the wedding the weekends are going to be more and more jam packed. I just found out every weekend in June is pretty much booked.

Other things going on:

  • Still doing South Beach and it's going well. The weekend of Feb. 6 was a cheat weekend because of the birthday so I didn't get on the scale last week. Got on today and dropped two pounds from Feb. 3. Future mother-in-law gave me a new South Beach cookbook for my birthday with some really good recipes, which I am long overdue in blogging about. I see myself pretty much sticking with South Beach until the wedding with more cheats being allowed as we get closer.
  • We'll be registering for the wedding on March 7. Bed, Bath, Beyond, Williams Sonoma, Crate & Barrel and Macy's are where we're going. Trying to know it all out at once might be tough, but I think it's doable. I'll be looking over the Alton Brown kitchen gear book before we go to figure oout exaclty what we want/need.
  • Also received The Flavor Bible for my birthday from my mom. It's pretty intense, but I like it.
  • Thad and Erika have me a couple of MFK Fisher books for my brithday as well, can't wait to dig into them.

No comments: