Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Where to start?

I feel that I have been so neglectful of the blog I don't know where to start in catching everyone up on what I've been cooking. The deadlines for my last issues have really dragged out to the point where I have little time to work on the next one. But I still want to let people know what's been cooking.

I have been cooking a lot, nothing too complex, but new stuff nonetheless. The diet is working, I've dropped a total of 18 pounds since we started on Jan. 5. There was one cheat weekend in there and Saturday we're visiting the Three Floyds Brew Pub for dinner and that's a meal I'm not going to skimp on.

One of the more interesting meals I made were some South Beach pancakes.

1/2 cup of old-fashioned oatmeal
1/2 cup of low-fat cottage cheese
4 egg whites
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
1/4 tsp of nutmeg

Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor until smooth. Cook like regular pancakes

I was skeptical of this recipe but they turned out really good. I was expecting some weird texture, but they were really good.

No comments: