Thursday, March 19, 2009

Marinating chicken

One of the many perks of working from home is that I can do household stuff during the day (wait, is this really a perk?), such as marinating chicken. It only takes a couple of minutes for three some chicken breasts into a freezer bag along with some ingredients and then let them soak up the flavor as the progresses.

I've gotten away from marinating the last couple of years, with no real explanation. But with the South Beach diet calling for a lot of boneless, skinless chicken breasts I have been trying to get back to it.

Right now I have some chicken soaking in an Asian themed marinade. Here's what I did:

4-boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3-cloves of garlic
1.5 TSP fresh grated ginger
Juice form 1/2 a lemon
2 TBLSP sesame oil
3 TBLSP soy sauce
Freshly ground black pepper

Combine all ingredients in a freezer bag, mix around. This will end up marinating for around nine hours. I'll either bake them of sear and then bake, not quite sure which yet.

Please leave any good, simple marinades in the comments.

No comments: