Monday, February 1, 2010

Comfort food cravings

My hankering for comfort food it at an all-time high.

It's stress, I'm on deadline for the spring issue of the magazine and have too much work to do and not enough time. I'm also incapable of writing for more than eight hours a day and the 10 minutes I'm going to spend on this post is probably a mistake.

But alas, I need to vent, or maybe get some help. What I really want is tuna noodle casserole that I wrote about a couple of years ago. As I said back then, this is not a healthy recipe. Even if I use whole wheat egg noodles, 2% milk -- I refuse to cook with skim milk -- and the low-fat velvetta it's still not healthy at all.

Anybody have suggestion on how to make this a bit more healthy? I could always go with the low-fact mac and cheese but any help would be appreciated.

No comments: