Monday, February 8, 2010

Toys

No more using the ironing board for drying fresh pasta.

It was my birthday over the weekend and I was lucky to receive some fun cooking toys.

Rory got me a chef's mat, it may seem silly, but it's a mat you put on the floor where you stand when cooking. We registered for one before the wedding but nobody got it for us. It'll be nice for hose marathon days I spend cooking by the stove.

My sister got me a ravioli maker, some parmesan raggiano and Essentials of Classic Italian Cooking by Marcella Hazan. I haven't gotten very far into the cookbook, done some browsing, but it looks quite good. I've been looking for some new sauces and hopefully this will help. My first recipe may be the pork loin braised in milk, looks tasty.

I'm also excited about the ravioli maker, should be fun to try out. It got good reviews on Amazon so I'm hoping it works out well.

My folks also got me a pasta drying rack and a creme brulee torch. No more using the ironing board to dry pasta.

No comments: