Friday, December 21, 2007

Been sick ...

So I haven't been cooking. And with the holiday upon us I don't know if I'll be doing much between now and then. Though I do have to make a cake or Christmas Eve at my folks house. Rory and I are going to make the same cake we did for Thanksgiving. I would like to find a different cake recipe though. We used Bittman's, and it was fine, but there has to be something better. But alas, I have grown tired of looking through the Food Network site for another recipe.

Last night I thawed some beef stew I made awhile back. When I first made it I wasn't impressed. I under seasoned it and the sour cream/horseradish topping didn't work. But last night with a little added salt and pepper I was impressed. It tasted pretty good, but then again anything hot that helped clear up my sinuses would have probably been great.

Anyway, it might be a few days before my next post. If you have a chocolate cake recipe you like let me know. Otherwise I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday.

No comments: