Tuesday, January 6, 2009

South Beach recipe: savory chicken

Made dinner for Rory and I last night, pretty simple. If anything is going to bug me about this diet it's the simplicity of the recipes. I know this is by design, but at least I'll get a chance to cook some sea food and some red meat, which I don't do very often. Here's what I did last night:

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Olive Oil
1 large shallot diced
2 cloves of garlic diced
1/2 cup of low-sodium chicken stock
salt and pepper

Just take some boneless, skinless chicken breasts and season with salt and pepper. Put some olive oil in a skillet and get it nice and hot. Cook on one side for about five minutes and flip over. Add diced shallot and garlic coook for about a minute and add chicken stock. Cover and cook for another five to 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked all the way through. Raise heat and reduce stock. Serve with a bit of the stock, onion and garlic sauce on top.

No comments: